We’re slightly revising our Meet the Co-op series to include “Owners To Know”. Prairie Food Owners have much to share in terms of information and education regarding sustainability, nutrition, health & wellness, and food-related topics. Of course, there will still be opportunities to discuss the co-op with owners and PFC Board members. Owners and non-owners alike are welcome. Come to learn more about the co-op and meet some amazing Owners!
Our Meet-ups are scheduled at various times and locations throughout the summer. Be sure to check back to keep updated on where we’ll be next!
- Thursday, June 19, 6:30 pm at Lombard Historical Society’s Victorian Cottage Museum Carriage House (23 West Maple Street. , Lombard)
- Meet Owner Rob Montalbano of Montalbano Farms. He will discuss his unique, customizable CSA program, with pick-ups right here in Lombard and Villa Park!
- Wednesday, July 9, 7:00 pm at the Villa Park Library in the Ohrman Room
- Owner John Mulrow will talk about “Fighting Food Waste: Backyard Composting and Home Prevention”
- Saturday, August 2nd (time TBD) – Manor Woods in Glen Ellyn, meet at 89 Newton Ave
- Owner Andrew Van Gorp will show us how to create beautiful baskets using invasive species in his “Summer Basketing with Invasive Species” demo
- TBD, September
- Owner Emily Prasad will discuss ways to continue eating locally during the Winter months