- One of the easiest, and most important, ways to help is to tell your friends, neighbors, and co-workers about us! Invite them to one of our “Meet the Co-op” events, or simply give them our website address and let them do the rest.
- Distribute our fliers to local businesses that you think would support us by keeping a stack of our fliers at their business. Fliers are available for download and printing here. We can also have them printed for you – just contact us at prairiefood(dot)coop.
- Volunteer with us! This is a great opportunity to do something special for our community while at the same time, meeting like-minded fun people. Simply fill out our Volunteer Survey form and our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you.
- Host A House Party! Gather your friends & neighbors together to learn more about the Prairie Food Co-op. We’ll help you plan and send a representative to discuss the co-op with your group. Contact Russ DiOrio for more details.
Board of Directors
Key Question: How do we keep our work on track?
- Sets direction of the co-op
- Follows established decision-making processes
- Sets goals for each committee
- Manage timelines and coordinate decisions
- Commit to bi-monthly meetings
Ownership & Outreach
Key Question: How do we recruit enough owners to ensure the co-op is successful?
- Organize community meetings and outreach events
- Create press releases and manage social media
- Manage ownership recruitment program
- Design promotional materials
- Educate community groups about the co-op
Research & Planning
Key Question: Is a co-op likely to be successful in our community?
- Complete a business plan. A basic co-op business plan would include:
- Business Description
- Management Plan/Organization Chart
- Operating Plan
- Marketing Strategy
Key Question: How do we obtain the funds necessary to finance the co-op?
- Design ownership loan program
- Research bank loan opportunities
- Identify grant opportunities and write grant proposals